Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's time I find a new job...

I have been here, at my current job for 7 years this year I believe. There is no room for growth here. I only make a quarter over minimum wage...new hires are coming on at my wages. I haven't had a raise(even with minimum wage increases) since 2007. I only work 2 days a week and drive 25 minutes one way to work(and gas prices are just too much). It is not worth it to me anymore. I have enjoyed what I do. Love working with people, it's just time to move on. So...today I submitted 5 applications/resumes. I don't know if these places are hiring, but from their website I either submitted an electronic application or I emailed my resume. I will keep doing so until something comes along. I am also going to look into becoming a CNA...a step in the direction I want to go. Wish me luck and I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment